udoo neo hangs up if a binary file is uploaded on M4

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Goutam bhat, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Goutam bhat

Goutam bhat New Member

When i use the udooneo-m4uploader <binary path> command the board gets hanged up. Can any one say what might be the fault in this?

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I think there is something wrong with your binary file. [emoji1] How did you create it? With the Arduino IDE?

3. Goutam bhat

Goutam bhat New Member

I used precompiled freertos binary files from internet. I copied it to udoo desktop and tried to upload it. Am i wrong in any of these steps?

4. jas-mx

jas-mx Active Member

What made you think that a pre-compiled binary would work? The freertos code would need to be compiled for the NEO and correctly linked so it can be loaded at the correctly memory location. Even if you followed those steps it still wouldn't work because NEO uboot version requires a code change to load the binary.

5. Goutam bhat

Goutam bhat New Member

Can you please say the changes that need to be made in the code. It would help a lot beginners if you provide a tutorial by taking a small example and uploading it to neo with all changes.

waitng for your positive response
    Thanking you

6. jas-mx

jas-mx Active Member

I have already explained what needs to be done in other threads where you have posted the same question. The freertos SDK already provide examples as a starting point. However I need to make this clear, if your a beginner without experience of imx6 uboot + kernel development and cortex-m4 programming then you shouldn't be attempting this. Your naively approaching the task by assuming that you can just load some code and it will run. What happens if you run your code and it doesn't work? How would you know what areas could be a source of the problem and how to debug it (something you already experienced)? If your a beginner my advice is to spend time learning the areas mentioned above before continuing (or posting the same question).

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017