External Arduino IDE Programming Missing udooclient

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Gary Huband, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Gary Huband

Gary Huband New Member

I want to program the Neo M4 from my Mac (El Capitan) using the Arduino IDE v1.6.9 over the network. So, I followed these directions
    http://www.udoo.org/docs-neo/Arduino_M4_Processor/Programming_Arduino_M4_from_External_PC.html
    When I try to upload to the M4, the IDE says it cannot find udooclient. The folder Library/Arduino15/packages/tools/udooclient/1.2 is empty. I tried deleting Arduino15 and reinstalling the Neo board, but udooclient is stil missing. By the way, to get the Neo board to install I first had to install the Quad board.

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

3. Gary Huband

Gary Huband New Member

The above thread did help me find the missing udooclient and fix the problem:
    In folder /Users/<user>/Library/Arduino15/staging/packages, I found a file named udooclient-1.2-x86_64-apple-darwin.tar.bz2.
    I copied the file to my Downloads folder and unarchived it. I then copied the udooclient executable file to /Users/<user>/Library/Arduino15/packages/UDOO/tools/udooclient/1.2.
    I can now program the Neo from my Mac using a USB connection (I haven't tried it over the network).

waltervl likes this.
  4. JackSilb

JackSilb Active Member

Oh man, few hours wasted thinking I was doing something wrong since the install using the board manager works on Windows. Something is wrong on the install in the Mac. It used to work on previous versions; not anymore with the new Arduino 1.6.12 and Udoo Neo board info 1.6.7.
    During the install it fails. You try to install it again, it shows as installed but it does not get the udooclient installed.
    The steps above solved.

The UDOO Team needs to take a look on this.

Thanks,
    -Jack

Attached Files:

5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

JackSilb likes this.
  6. JackSilb

JackSilb Active Member

Thank you,
    That will help.

Unfortunately, that would indicate that the software is not being tested before release. I may be wrong here, but a quick install in a Mac would reveal the problem and save people some frustration again with the Udoo products.

-Jack

7. ektor5

ektor5 Administrator Staff Member

It was tested with older versions. The Arduino devs often release newer versions that break our things around and this is the place where our things are fixed, also thanks to your contribution.

By the way, I should have fixed it.

Ek5

waltervl likes this.