Windows 10 IoT Core

Discussion in 'Other OS' started by LDighera, Jun 12, 2015.

1. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi there LDighera,
    we would like a lot, but we can't promise anything, since it doesn't depend on us - it depends on Freescale and Microsoft working together instead.

3. Xykon

Xykon Member

Windows 10 IoT on the Udoo would certainly be awesome. I bought an RPi recently just to have a chance to try it out. A lot of the examples talk about interconnecting Arduino and IoT core... which would be great on the Udoo as it has the Arduino already built in.

4. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

BobFrankston likes this.
  5. Manfred van der Voort

Manfred van der Voort New Member

Just to give an opinion of a prospective customer (patiently wating on Neos availability). I hope that the limited development and support capacity of the UDOO team will be put on better existing OS-es than just another one. Sure the Windows demo is impressive. However tight and standardized integration with the new Neo hardware interfaces and also for application developers getting frameworks supported better, would be IMHO a better direction for UDOO. And last but not least I'll think to become the foreseen IoT board of preference, integration with (Open Source) IoT cloud platforms will be a valued and strategic direction. The real value of IoT with UDOO will be an interconnected board with both the (external) sensors/hardware and data + controlling IoT Cloud platforms. An interesting example of such a cloud platform would be Zettajs.org - An API-First Internet of Things Platform.

So my suggestion would be: better existing OS-es and development frameworks, plus focus on the emerging IoT cloud platforms, instead of another OS added.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  6. EricO

EricO New Member

With the latest OODO
    With the new UDOO X86, you'll most likely be able to run a full version of Windows 10, such as W10 Mobile, if not the regular desktop. I bought the Latte Panda (Kickstarter), and it runs full Windows 10.

7. Rob Shields

Rob Shields New Member

The x86 looks like it will run IoT (both versions of cpu)

Here's a list of some of the processors that run IoT.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/codename/66094/braswell.html#@embedded

Windows 10 IoT build 1809 looks like the replacement for CE and is good through 2028.

The steps to get an image are

https://concurrency.com/blog/july-2018/beginning-iot-–-installing-windows-10-iot-core-on

Anyone had any luck with this?

For the NEO see

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/learn-about-hardware/socsandcustomboards