Pins, glorious pins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by I Hate Google!, Jul 2, 2016.

1. I Hate Google!

I Hate Google! New Member

@ektor5 this is probably for you...

I love the picture inside the box of the NEO (soooo useful) but there are a few pin allocations that I'm not clear on: AREF (31) and IOREF (46) and 47 in particular.

Ref = reference voltage?

I don't want to go poking around and destroy something!

2. ektor5

ektor5 Administrator Staff Member

2016-07-05-115901_820x654_scrot.png
    Hi there,
    The different color was meant to separate the two row labels (see the legend). So for example, AREF and 31 have two separate holes.

The Pins you named (AREF, IOREF) are from the inner row (Arduino) and have the same functionality of the Arduino UNO ones.

The others (31,46,47) are the labels for the external row, set as GPIO for the application core (A9), usable in Linux.

Please refer to the NEO Documentation to have further information on the use of them!

BR,
    Ek5

I Hate Google! likes this.
  3. I Hate Google!

Fab! Thanks for clearing that up (ARef is/was[?] a traditional usage for "analogue" reference (where there is a separate digital ground I believe).

4. I Hate Google!

As a curiosity here (apart from complexity) why don't we have a bank of "crowbar" zenners on the GPIO? I've used this successfully in the past - not for such a low voltage though.

5. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

@I Hate Google! If you are asking why we don't implement limitators on zenner we have to look better into it, but the cost of the implementation seems not trivial.