Newbe

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by SUBBU3881, Oct 22, 2016.

1. SUBBU3881

SUBBU3881 New Member

Hi,
    I am in a plan to purchase UDOO development board. Before looking forward, I want to know how will be the support for it.? Which development environment can I use for developing applications other than Linux i.e., any supported IDEs are available.?

Please help me in moving towards UDOO.

Thanks and Regards,
    Siva Prakash Reddy

2. Cyril BOSSELUT

Cyril BOSSELUT New Member

Hi,
    i'dont understand your question as Linux is not a development environment, it's the operating system on witch you can run softwares created with most of the programing languages availables (C/C++, Java, Perl, Python, Js, PHP, Pascal, ...). For IDEs you can use from Vi, Emacs to Eclipse and InteliJ and many more, you can even code your app on another computer (recommended as IDEs are generally to heavy to run directly on the board) and also cross compile with an Arm build chain (if your code need to be compiled) so no matter your computer is running Linux, Windows or OSX.
    Hope this helps

3. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

I write my code on my laptop. As I'm a Java developer I use Eclipse as the IDE to create programs that will run on Linux on the Neo, and I use the Arduine IDE to create (C++) programs that will run on the Arduino part of the Neo.

Although my main operating system is Ubuntu, this toolchain will run equally on Windows and Mac.