Build Qt5.7

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by berat66, Nov 28, 2016.

1. berat66

berat66 New Member

Hello guys,

I want to use the BLE Bluetooth Low Energy stack and create applications for it.

I am using the UDOObuntu 2.1 Image on UDOO neo full
    I want to use Qt5.7 for creating the applications, because the precompiled Version 5.2.1 doesn't support BLE.
    So, after some research, I also found out, that i need to update my BlueZ Version to the most recent one because the older v4.x doens't really support BLE.

So after I compiled and installed BlueZ 5.42, I need to configure, make and install Qt5.7.

My question is, which configure parameters do I need to cross-compile Qt5.7 for the UDOO neo board?

My actual configuration Looks like this:
    sudo ./configure -prefix /opt/qt5 -make libs -no-pch -no-opengl -device imx6 \
    -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=/[...]/Qt5_Build/arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf- \
    -opengl es2 -qt-zlib -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -no-cups -gui -make examples -sysroot /path/to/mountpoint \
    -no-gcc-sysroot -opensource -confirm-license -qreal float -v

The configuration passes but the compilation leads to various errors, which i will add after another try.

If anyone has a good tutorial or some tips, how to build Qt5.7 properly, please let me know.

2. modjo

modjo Active Member

Hi ! If you want to use qt5.7 with udoo card, the easyiest way is to use yocto (if you don't need a desktop like udoobuntu). See the first two post (sticky). To make a first test you can download the precompiled image (qt 5.6.2 that not include all qt modules) and after build your own ! For information i have an image for neo with qt 5.7 (full) with bluetooth working. If i have the time next week, i post it on the thread.

3. berat66

berat66 New Member

Thanks for your reply.

I built Qt5.8 now and installed it on the UDOO Image. It all went so far so good but I cannot use the dbus to communicate with BlueZ, which I had upgraded to v5.42 before.
    First, I tried to discover some devices but the communication via dbus isn't working. After that, I tried to communicate directly with the dbus with the QT dbus module. This also didn't work. If I scan for Bluetooth devices with the command "hcitool lescan", i get a list of available Bluetooth devices.

It would be great, if you can post your Image!

And if you have any suggestions for my problem, please tell me :)
    Thanks in advance

modjo likes this.
  4. modjo

modjo Active Member

Ok i will try to post it this week ... Also can you describe your procedure to build Qt5.8 on udoobuntu --> it could be interest some users ...

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  5. modjo

modjo Active Member

waltervl likes this.