Udoo X86 Ultra Processor Compared To Galaxy S7 Processor

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by dominique, Feb 24, 2017.

1. dominique

dominique Member

This may be an odd question. However I was wondering how the Udoo X86 Ultra processor stacks up against the processor of a Galaxy S7.

Galaxy S7 Processor Specs:
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
    Quad-Core, 14 nm
    2 x 1.59 GHz, 2 x 2.15 GHz

I ask this for a specific reason of course. With what I want to do, (extremely large amount of Tasker profiles running at the same time) even some of the newer phones like the Galaxy S7 cannot handle so much multitasking. Well, allow me to rephrase that. It can, however it can lag and absolutely is murder on my battery life.

So I ask the question because I am interested in using Udoo X86 Ultra to run Android for this very purpose and wanted to know how it performed when compared to the Galaxy S7. Thanks.

2. Laura

Laura UDOOer

Comparing a RISC based ARM processor, to the x86-64 based Intel CPU on UDOO X86 is not a simple task. It's like comparing a petrol engine to a diesel one - Either can be faster than the other, depending on how it's engineered. And in the case of ARM vs x86, it also comes down to how well the software was designed for each set of instructions. Android for ARM is different to Android for x86.

I'm a backer of the UDOO X86, so when I receive it next month, I will run the AnTuTu benchmark for you and let you know the result - http://www.antutu.com/en/

3. dominique

dominique Member

Understood @Laura thank you.

I guess I wasn't thinking of that. However, being how the X86 Ultra has 8 gig of ram should in theory give it far better performance running multiple task.

4. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi everybody!
    @Laura we've already done an Antutu benchmark:
    @dominique: since we're not shooting any other comparison video before the release of the board, I guess you'll have to wait for April to come for such a benchmark!
    Cheers

Laura likes this.
  5. Laura

Laura UDOOer

@Andrea Rovai Oh yeah! That video is probably what put the AnTuTu benchmark into my mind, but I later forgot the source o_O

For those who cannot see the YouTube video in the previous post - The benchmark result shown is 71,646. Nice!

Andrea Rovai likes this.