4k VR project with UDOO

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by marjan66, Jul 23, 2016.

1. marjan66

marjan66 New Member

hi "we are think about a VR project that is take 6 video input(USB/SDMI) of 1080p from 6 camera , after processing it gives 4k video " my question is is possible to perform this task with UDOO86?

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

As an architect you first have to spec your hardware requirements and then check if the UDOOX86 can fulfill those.

3. marjan66

marjan66 New Member

Thanks for your reply.................

4. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Dear @marjan66,
    I didn't understand your project. You have 6 videos as input and one video as output, am I wrong? How is VR involved? Can you give us more details?
    Best regards

5. marjan66

marjan66 New Member

thanks dear @Andrea Rovai
    we create 360 degree panorama of 6 camera feeds and broadcast this 360 degree video through rmtp protocol

6. Andrea Rovai

7. marjan66

marjan66 New Member

thanks for your current reply dear @Andrea Rovai

Can we add video capture card (with 6 HDMI input ) and graphics card with UDOOX86????

8. Andrea Rovai

@marjan66 your question is a bit generic. Which card? You should tell me which model. But before you tell me, we haven't tried to add any external GPU to UDOO X86 so far. Anyway, here's a clarification on eGPU:
    The two PCI-e lanes that we will carry to the M.2 slot, in case that the stretch goal is reached, can be used for many purposes, but eGPUs are not the best way to use them.
    Indeed, eGPUs usually have all a PCI-e x16 interface, while on our M.2 slot we can have only PCI-e x1 / x2 interface. This means that common eGPUs have a throughput from 16 to 8 times higher than the one supported by the M.2 slots.

This represents a big bottleneck for the communications between the processor and the eGPUs, which could not be so advantageous compared to the internal HD Graphics.