7" display case

Discussion in 'Cases' started by mkopack, Aug 18, 2014.

1. mkopack

mkopack Member

Cross posting this so more might see it:

Hey guys,

I decided to CAD up a case for the 7" touchscreen module. I haven't printed it up yet (have to get time on the printer at work), so it might need some additional adjustments. But feel free to check it out and print one. Let me know if you run into any issues. It should be printable on a Makerbot Replicator 2X (what we have at work), and any other printer that can do similar dimensions...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:430762

Once I get this one squared away I might try making something for the 15". That one will be much more complicated since it'll have to be done in multiple pieces...
    -------------------------

And just a quick update, it's on v2.1 right now. I've been having issues getting it to print on the Replicator 2x at work. It keeps doing a like 2" shift between where it lays down the raft and where it tries to print the part when printing the front. Please let me know if you manage to print it and how it comes out / any issues so I can make further adjustments. I managed to get the V2.0 front the somewhat print and that led me to adjust the sizes for the opening for the screen to be a bit bigger (I always forget to build in space for tolerances...)

Anyhow, let me know how you make out with it.

2. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

We have a 3d printer on our way. As soon as we get it here, we'll try your case and let you know! Thanks so much!

3. mkopack

mkopack Member

Thanks, yeah PLEASE let me know... I have 2 different ones on order which are big enough to print this, but they won't be here for at least a couple weeks yet.

I'd like to make something similar for the 15" as well, but want to get this one squared away first...

4. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

5. mkopack

mkopack Member

Nice. How did it come out???

Looks like you're using a Makerbot Replicator 2x?

Did it print ok when it switched to the actual piece from the raft? When I try on the 2X here at work it always shifts the part to a different Y from where it printed the raft and as a result I can't print it...

6. mkopack

mkopack Member

Ok, just posted updated V2.2 back and kickstand (use with v2.1 front). I've managed to print this all now on the Replicator 2X at work and it came together fantastically! Only thing I might add is a little string or something to attach the bottom of the kickstand to the bottom of the unit so the stand doesn't slide open... Otherwise works well!

Get printing gang! And by all means, ENJOY!

7. circuitbob

circuitbob New Member

hello, tried to print this with a replicator 2x. did not go well. I think the platform is not being told to preheat, and then not being told to maintain temp during the print. I am very new to this area, do I don't know how or how difficult it is to correct this.

has anyone else tried to print this, or had this problem?

would appreciate any help/advice

8. allwet

allwet New Member

Any progress on the 7" display case? Could sure use one.