APInventor2 and UDOONeo

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Gla, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Gla

Gla New Member

In the link http://www.udoo.org/udoo-and-app-inventor-2/
    you mention that " The UDOO components are non visible components in the App Inventor IDE. They create a connection between the Android app and the Arduino side of the UDOO quad/dual/neo board. The connection can be local (the AI2 app will be installed on the UDOO quad/dual board to control) or remote (to control board/s with another device)." and you provide a video presentation.

I have tried with both operating systems, Android and ubunu, installed in different sd cards, to connect (link-make visible) the udoo board with the AI2 environment, but I cannot "see" any UDOO components, neither with the usb connection, nor with the wifi (remote TCIP) mode. Additionally, I have used both the online and the offline mode (localhost8888) of the AI2 application.

Please provide detailed and specific instructions and steps, so as to see the UDOO components in the AppInventor as you describe in the video presentation.

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Here is another thread about this application. But it looks very beta to me and you have to run your own AppInventor2 server.

3. Gla

Gla New Member

thanks for your reply. What you say is exactly the problem. I believe I have searched and read all the relevant posts and I cannot find nowhere mentioning a full guide so as to use the Appinventor 2 with udoo.
    HOW the udoo components can be seen in the Ap invnentor application environment? Please, can someone from the Udoo team provide more and thorough expanations?

4. Gla

Gla New Member

Additionally, I run the AppInventor both in a local server ( I have installed the offline version of appinvnetor) and through my google account, and I work both in an ubuntu boot sd card and an android boot sd card, without any connectivity between udoo components and appinvnetor yet. Please help.

5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Did you patch your local server with the sources from the Udoo app inventor github? And then connect the app inventor app to your own server now patched for Udoo use.

6. Francesco

Francesco Active Member

I have some kind of App Inventor working for Neo (the stuff on my github is only for Quad/Dual).
    BTW I am currently home with flu. I think I will release the source code for Neo compatibility next week.
    In any case you will need to run App Inventor locally or on an AppSpot instance.

7. Gla

Gla New Member

I wish you to be strong as soon as possible.
    Thanks for your answer, I will be waiting for the source code for Neo compatibility with App Invnetor.
    Still, can you provide to the community a step by step guide on how to connect the Udoo Neo with AppInventor in each scenario ( AppInventor locally, Appspot, UDOONeo with Ubuntu, UDOONeo with Android )?
    Regards

8. Francesco

Francesco Active Member