bluetooth / Card died

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Mike Coulthard, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Mike Coulthard

Mike Coulthard New Member

I have not been able to enable bluetooth, when I try on the blue tooth manager the app just goes away and nothing happens. Reading threads I decided to sudo apt-get update and since then the udoo neo has gone dead. The led lights are on but the hdmi screen is getting no input and when I try to access with putty on my windows pc it gets no response until I get a Network error: connection timed out.

Please help

2. Xykon

Xykon Member

Try to download the latest image and re-flash your card. apt-get upgrade used to break systems... which was fixed after using the latest beta but might still break older systems.

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  3. Mike Coulthard

Everything up and running again thanks but the blue tooth mouse is very intermittent ( I have tried two ) and the card repeatedly hangs. I think I will let the gurus sort out the bugs and come back later. Thanks

4. Xykon

Xykon Member

I believe bluetooth support is still a "work in progress". You could try a USB bluetooth dongle to see if that improves things if you happen to have one laying around. Otherwise I'd just keep doing "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y upgrade" on a daily basis and look for kernel / bluetooth package updates.

Mike Coulthard likes this.
  5. Mike Coulthard

many thanks, will do

6. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

"sudo apt-get update" and "sudo apt-get upgrade" will make Bluetooth work. Someone still has problems, we're figuring out why. Doesn't it work for you?

7. Mike Coulthard

Did as you said, blue tooth manager could not see mouse.
    Also lost USB mouse so updated again through putty, rebooted and BT mouse working. disconnected usb mouse - all ok
    rebooted ( no blue tooth enabled on startup) plugged in usb mouse, enabled blue tooth, no showing of bluetooth mouse on Blue tooth Devices, manager.
    Have repeated update and upgrade turned bt on and off but cannot see bt mouse.
    So no it is not working as yet.
    Could you tell me how to have blue tooth on automatically when turning on UDOO so I dont have to have USB mouse connected on start up?

8. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

This is more related to Linux and Bluez than to UDOO NEO, make a research online, I'll do the same as well