DC UPS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vpeter, Nov 27, 2015.

1. vpeter

vpeter Active Member

For one special case I'm looking for a way to powering Udoo uninterruptiblly. Which means using some kind of UPS. But I don't want to use computer UPS with two/three conversions (230V-12V-230V-12V). I'm looking for some "special" DC UPS like PowerWalker DC UPS 12V. But this one doesn't have regulated output and also power capacity is just a little to low (I need few amps on 12V). Running time from battery is not very important only few minutes to safely shutdown Udoo and all the peripherals. Does anyone knows something I could use?

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

3. SO_yeah

SO_yeah New Member

have you ever seen OpenUPS2?! it is 5A on the 12V you can find it on ebay, and then you also have to buy the batteries...
    I always wanted one but never enough to drop all that money on it.

there is also a cheaper version it is called PicoUPS-120, that would be affordable but is not regulated.
    to charge the battery the input voltage has to be above 14V, then you would have 14V on the output.
    for UDOO that is fine but then you would have 14V also on the onboard JST connector, so beware of what you are going to connect over there (no 3.5" HDD for example).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  4. vpeter

vpeter Active Member

Yes, Meanwell AD-55 is on my shopping list if project goes well.
    PicoUPS is far to expensive.

waltervl likes this.