DVB-T

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Terry7, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Terry7

Terry7 New Member

I'm new here(but not to Linux) so not sure if this is a new topic.

I have a Pinnacle systems usb DVB-T reciever which works fine under a number of Linux distros including Ubuntu, Debian, and Mint. The most I usually have to do to get it working is to copy the dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw driver into /lib/firmware. But I have banged my head against this problem on the Udoo for several days now and just cannot get it working. I have the latest version of UDOObuntu, which the Udoo web page says has the relevant kernel modules and that DVB should 'work out of the box'. It doesn't! I think others have had the same problem because I have found references to it on the forum, but none of the replies seem to have povided a solution. Can anyone help?

2. peter247

peter247 New Member

I was working on the same problem for weeks before I solved it.

putting-the-bunny-back-the-box-t1527.html

Recompile the kernel , but make the modules internal instead of external modules and that way you will find it works with dvb-t.

3. Terry7

Terry7 New Member

Thanks for the advise. I will try that. I hope it works because I am impressed with the speed and abilities of the Udoo, but I can't use it as a pvr (amongst other things) as planned without a working TV reciever.