fresh UDOObuntu_quad_v1.0 install, no sound output

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by skellpco, Jul 23, 2014.

1. skellpco

skellpco New Member

Hi All,

I've got an Udoo Quad with a fresh install of the latest OS, UDOObuntu_quad_v1.0. I'm trying to play back and record sound sound but there is no signal comming from the speaker output. All alsamixer channels are up and the Pulse Audio Volume control setting looks right. i can see the signal in the Volume control monitor from ALSA plug-in [xmms2d]:ALSA Playback... but now sound from speakers.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. jeoliva

jeoliva New Member

The same happening here

3. skellpco

skellpco New Member

UPDATE: I have sound working now although I'm not sure how. I used jack and got xmms2d working, then switching back to no jack and audacity works for playback and recording using vt1613-audio in Analog Stereo Duplex mode. The only problem now is that I can only record line-level inputs. When I plug a mic in the signal is too low. I've cranked all the levels in alsamixer and Pulse Audio Volume control. Does Udoo support mic recording or is it only line-level?

4. slemay

slemay New Member

I have a fresh install of the latest Unbuntu and the analog audio is not working. When I switch to Android the analog output does work as I can hear the click noises and such. There appears to be a problem with the audio support.

5. skellpco

skellpco New Member

Can anyone confirm if mic-level recording is working on an Udoo Quad with any Linux OS? I can get a preamp if the hardware doesn't support mic-level but I'd rather not.

Thanks

6. Min Raj Nepali

Min Raj Nepali New Member

How can i increase the volume on the audio output of the UDOO Board. Any ways to do so??