How to Install teamviewer

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by jyteo, Jan 25, 2016.

1. jyteo

jyteo New Member

Hi, I am beginner for linux and udoo. How to install teamviewer? Thanks!

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Dear jyteo,
    TeamViewer is not compiled for ARM boards and you should recompile it for the UDOO board you're using to use it. I firmly suggest you not to do this.
    I suggest you instead to install VNC Viewer on your PC and use it for the same purpose through a VNC connection.

3. jyteo

jyteo New Member

Hi, Andrea Rovai, please correct me if I am wrong. I have tried the VNC Viewer on my PC and remote my UDOO. But it can't directly remote the UDOO (udoobuntu desktop) instead, it is like remote the "virtual desktop" of the udoobuntu. I can't see any changes from the monitor that is connected to the UDOO while remote from the PC. And does the VNC support online remote? For example, I would like to remote my UDOO (at school) from my house. Is it possible ? Thanks.

4. Andrea Rovai

Dear jyteo,
    as far as I know the verb "remote" doesn't exist in English. I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but could you write the post one more time? I tried to understand but I didn't get if your problem is
    1. remote connection to UDOO through your computer or
    2. vice versa.
    Please :p

5. jyteo

jyteo New Member

Hi Andrea Rovai,

Sorry for my poor english. :(
    I have tried to use the VNC Viewer on my PC to control my UDOO desktop. But it can't directly control the UDOO (udoobuntu desktop), instead, it is like controlling the "virtual desktop" of the udoobuntu. I can't see any changes from the monitor that is connected to the UDOO while controlling from the PC. And does the VNC support online control such as teamviewer? For example, I would like to control my UDOO desktop (at school) from my house. Is it possible ? Thanks.

6. Andrea Rovai

Don't apologize for your English, my English is poor too :)
    Anyway, to do such a thing I'd do it via VPN.
    Build a DDNS (dynamic DNS). There you can manage everything directly from your home router. One of the options of your router is DDNS. You got to give it a specific address.
    Take also a look at this project. Overall, take a look at the link to the tutorial (to ease your life, this link). This project should allows you to build a system that also does what you want (I've never built such a thing, it's a NAS, so it's not what you want exactly, but it also does that thing).

7. dhruv

dhruv New Member

I know this is little bit hard to find out, how to install team viewer, You can follow this link and learn yourself, I found this link on google.

8. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Or you wait for the next release of udubuntu as it will change the vnc server.

Andrea Rovai likes this.