How's sales going?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mkopack, Jan 1, 2014.

1. mkopack

mkopack Member

Just wondering how sales have been since the release? I've certainly been seeing a lot of new names pop on on the forums, and the discussions have started varying quite a bit more over the initial weeks of "how do we get the basic stuff working".

There are still, of course, the growing pains of dealing with the Distro-immaturity, but it seems like there's starting to be some movement on that, which is great.

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Can't give you the numbers right now but the sales are going very well and we hope to raise the numbers again in 2014. I too noticed this kind of movement during the holidays and i'm happy to see lots of UDOO enthusiasts asking questions and posting stuff.

We're also focusing on releasing Tutorials and Projects 'cause more stuff we'll share and more people will choose UDOO to built their own things, it's a positive influence.

3. mkopack

mkopack Member

Awesome! that's good to hear! Hopefully you/we can drum up more external interest as well for the Udoo. The distro solidification is going to be the key there though to bringing more users in. The power of the Arduino is it's simplicity to get going with it, and it's maturity. The Pi was really rough it's first year, but once the Raspbian builds started getting decent it really took off that much faster. Hopefully you and the community can get the Distros solidified over the next 2-3 months to a similar degree.

Wish I had more time to play with mine. Since moving into the new condo at the end of Nov, I've been tied up with installing stuff for the home, organizing, setting computers back up and such. My home office/lab became a bit of a "catch all" room and I'm still trying to dig through it all. The stuff you guys sent I've only managed to pull out of the box and glance at.. probably won't have time to play with any of it until the end of March when my last grad school class ends. Sigh.

4. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

i really agree on the usability and end user experience (UX).
    Adding things like WebIDE like the one Adafruit made for RasPI or Cloud9 that is with the BBB, i briefly spent some time trying to get Cloud9 working on UDOO but couldn't get it working due to Node.js issues.

BBB and just added by PCDuino is a Ethernet over USB, when you plug it in, it mounts as a device and can be accessible via webpage, SSH directly and on the BBB you can start Clou9 and start programing within minutes of plugging it in. These are all key things to think about for user experience.

At the end of the day we can have images for NOOBs with this stuff and optional images for for more advanced users without this stuff. making it accessible to as many people as possible is key (as im sure you know) :)