It's almost time for me to go MIA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DracoLlasa, Jan 6, 2014.

1. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

Hey guys, hope everyone had a good holiday season, mine was pretty good, and was the point i had to get through before i went in for surgery.
    On Friday Jan-10th i will be going in for a spinal fusion surgery which will keep me in the hospital for a couple days then stuck to my bed drugged up pretty much the rest of the month. I hope to be getting up and around February and back on the PC and such. I'm hoping to return to work early March.

Anyways i just wanted to let everyone know.. that's a large part of why i have been quite recently here on the forums, getting things in order.. so much prep to do, and also why i will be seemingly MIA after next week.

Im hoping once I can sit at my desk, and before i have to go back to work i will be able to actually get some more technical work done with UDOO.
    I also just got a couple hundred SmartMaker (Smartduino) parts to play with, and my 15 or so piece order of Microduino should be here next week also. Along with my many months of continued battery testing i will have no shortage of things to do when i can get up and around.

I will be poking around on the general forums a bit more this week, but other than that, i look forward to seeing/talking to you all on the other side.

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

No problem at all. Let us know if everything worked out and hope to hear you as soon as you'll be healty enough. Take care and get a full recovery.

3. mkopack

mkopack Member

Ouch! Sounds like fun, NOT! Hope everything went well and you're feeling ok!

4. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

Thanks, yea surgery went as planned.. Im home and life sucks lol.. Stuck in bed for a while still but hopefully will be getting back on the right track.

5. delba

Glad to hear that ;) Get well soon and rest Draco!

6. delba

Draco, how's the recovery going? Give us some info :D

7. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

hey guys.. i think things are going well... im just starting to get to use the computer from my bed.. able to walk around, but not allowed to (nor can i, if i tried) to sit for more than 20-30 minutes.. still unable to bend or anything. Even when im at the desk i cant even bed to get close to projects. Just think of having to hold a perfect upright posture.. i have to wear a brace.

I think i will be able to start working on the forums more soon, but my testing work i still on hold until i can work at my desk more...

Pain is still pretty high at times but mostly just when im moving around..
    Anyways.. i appreciate the check up.. i have my first few Post-Op Dr appt coming up soon so i will finally find out how im doing officially :)

8. delba

Great ;) Glad to hear you're already moving around. Hang in there and let us know what the Doc will say.

9. mkopack

mkopack Member

Had a friend go through similar surgery several years ago and he was mostly laid up for the better part of 3 months and even then had to take it easy for the 6 following. But he says it was the best thing he ever did. Got rid of all the pains he was having.

Hang in there and don't rush it.. things here have been pretty calm (almost TOO calm to be honest... ) and we're managing.

10. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

yea thats sounds like exact same.. my Dr has me off work, offically from Jan 10th until April 10th.. but sinc ei work from home and it's just at my desk im hoping he will let me start working again on March 10th.

I am really trying hard not to push things.. there is still a lot of pain most of the time, so its hard to tell how im progressing.. i know im improving from the surgery itself, but its hard to say yet if im better than before the surgery... will be a couple months before i can judge that...
    anways, yea, i have to try really hard not to push it, there is no way in hell i can screw this up, i never want to have to go through this again.

Thanks for all the support guys.

On a side note, i have had my Dad over a lot since the surgery and he is actually work on a nice frame/casing for the LCD Panels. He is doing it as a side project since he likes working on stuff like that.. He got some really nice Siberian Elm from one of his sources and said its looking really nice, but still early on.. I will be sure to share it when he gets it to me.. the idea will be that it will enclose the screen, but also that it will be able to mount the UDOO board on the back too.

11. mkopack

mkopack Member

Awesome! Yeah, that's been my big limiting factor for using those screens - I don't really have any way to mount or hold them or enclose them....

12. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

In the mean time check out this as an alternative.. it def works for the smaller screen but the larger one is a bit heavy.. i havent tried it with the big one yet

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00523M4RC

13. mkopack

mkopack Member

Or I could just plastic-coat (with a can of that spray on plastic stuff) a couple wire coat-hangers bent as needed. :)

14. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

Hmm i havent seen that kind of spay stuff.. What's it called?

15. mkopack

mkopack Member