LVDS 15" configuration on Yocto 'Jethro'

Discussion in 'Other OS' started by Maurice, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

I'm trying to create a working solution on the Yocto version from this thread.
    The current problem is that I don't get the 'official' 15" LVDS screen enabled. To be complete, it works fine on the standard UDOObuntu v1.1 (Ubuntu 12). The system does recognize the screen's touch capabilities, and a small program shows that the touch events are indeed readable.

I have changed the uEnv.txt on the boot partition to reference to contain:
    fdt_file=imx6q-udoo-lvds15.dtb
    video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-WXGA,if=RGB24,bpp=32

Unfortunately it doesn't show anything. I've used setenv in uboot to set and store them, and still nothing happens.
    On Christian's suggestion I have also set the variable video_output=lvds in uEnv.txt, and though does make the LVDS screen display something, it is not what I expected.

[​IMG]

It should be the same uboot version as is used in the official distro, but obviously this is missing some parameters.

graugans likes this.
  2. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

Solved with following instructions from UDOO Setup LVDS Panels.

setenv mmcargs setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} root=${mmcroot} ${hdmi_patch} fbmem=24M video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-WXGA,if=RGB24,bpp=32

modjo likes this.
  3. modjo

modjo Active Member

Thank's for your solution !

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  4. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Seems this forum is getting full of great developers! My congratulations @Maurice!!!