LVDS for different LCDs

Discussion in 'UDOO QUAD' started by keith morton, Jul 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. keith morton

keith morton New Member

I wish to connect a few different LCDs to the UDOO quad board.
    I need the following.
    LVDS connector part# and pinout.
    method for setting custom timing in the UDOO board.

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

3. rswamy

rswamy New Member

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  5. rswamy

rswamy New Member

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  6. TIOH

TIOH New Member

Hi, regarding the UDOO Quad 7" LCD Touch panel.
    ( http://shop.udoo.org/other/video-kit-7-touch-for-quaddual.html?___from_store=other&popup=no )
    Request #1 :
    could I have the schematics of the " LCD BOARD ADAPTER "
    this info is NOT inside the LCD datasheet ( http://udoo.org/download/files/datasheets/datasheet7.pdf )
    Sillkscreen on the PCB of this " LCD BOARD ADAPTER ", it is labelled "CSA02REVC BD REVC"

Request #2:
    could I have the Manufacturer Part number MPN of the connector "CN1" on this LCD BOARD ADAPTER lablled "CSA02REVC" ?
    I believe this LVDS connector is the same as the one on UDOO Quad SBC connector "CN13" correct ?
    on the UDOO Quad schematic page 11 ( http://udoo.org/download/files/schematics/UDOO_REV_D_schematics.pdf )
    there is NO mention of the MPN of this CN13 connector.

7. keith morton

keith morton New Member

yes i see the pinout of the connector, but there is no part#, I want to buy the mating connector.

also how do I change the panel timing parameters on the udoo board as each LCD has different timing.

8. Andrea Rovai

9. Andrea Rovai

The MPN is B24B-PHDSS(LF)(SN)

10. TIOH

TIOH New Member

Hi Andrea, Regarding my Request #1, Yes I have read the documentations as in http://www.udoo.org/docs/Hardware_&_Accessories/UDOO_LVDS_Panels.html
    but there is no information about the schematics of the " LCD BOARD ADAPTER "
    the LCD BOARD ADAPTER is a PCB stick at the back of the LCD panel
    it has a white PCB Sillkscreen labelled "CSA02REVC BD REVC"
    This LCD BOARD ADAPTER PCB assembly information is not found in the LCD datasheet ( http://udoo.org/download/files/datasheets/datasheet7.pdf )
    if you have a piece of this 7" LCD panel, just flip over, you will see this PCB, and you will find the CN1 connector soldered on this PCB so that you can connect the Cable harness from the LCD to the UDOO main board.
    I believe this LCD BOARD ADAPTED label "CSA02REVC BD REVC" is NOT made by the LCD panel manufacturer right ? ( that is why it is not in the LCD datasheet )
    where can I find the schemtics of this LCD BOARD ADAPTER ?

11. Francesco

Francesco Active Member

I do no think the LVDS interface ("CSA02REVC") schematics are public. Why do you need the schematics for this?
    If you want to connect a different display you have the pinout for the LVDS connector, what else do you need?

12. TIOH

TIOH New Member

On that LVDS interface board CSA02REVC, there is a power circuit with power inductor ( I guess is the LED backlight driver ) and also this chip http://sg.rs-online.com/web/p/lvds-receivers/0460673/
    so, I guess some conversion circuit is needed to convert the main board LVDS signal in order the link-up to a typical LCD panel specification ?
    hope that they will open the LVDS interface board design.

13. Francesco

Francesco Active Member

I suppose that the interface board is designed by the panel manufacturer and covered by NDA.
    I suggest you to read the iMX6 manual (IMX6DQRM.pdf), chapter 39. With those information and an EE you should be able to interface an LCD display to the board.

14. jas-mx

jas-mx Active Member

A lot of LCD panels have a parallel interface and the LVDS has be converted back to parallel hence that's part of the circuitry. For example the UDOO 7" LVDS panel has a parallel 18bit RGB interface. It would have been ideal if the UDOO imx6 boards had exposed the LCD parallel pins as this would have allowed for easier integration with a huge number of cheap LCD panels that support a parallel interface.

The remaining circuitry is mainly required for the touch panel which can either be i2c or spi and backlight support.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  15. rswamy

rswamy New Member

I assume the LVDS interface board was designed by the UDOO team because the connector is unique to the UDOO. I would like some more details as well so I can learn more about what is required when buying a non UDOO display. What kind of LVDS interface is required.

The chip on the board is
    DS90CF364AMTD