LVDS panel with 18bit

Discussion in 'Android' started by Thomas, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Thomas

Thomas New Member

I try to use a (not official) LVDS panel together with udoo quad.

The panel has 1366 x 768, and 262k Colors (18bit) (the official 15" has 16.7M colors, 24bit), so it's similar to the official 15" display.

Using Android 4.3 I could use it by setting bootargs in u-boot using this tutorial:
    http://www.udoo.org/docs/Troubleshooting/How_Do_I_Set_Up_My_LVDS_Panel.html

I used the parameter for the 15" display, changed if=RGB24 to if=RGB666 - so finaly:

setenv bootargs console=ttymxc1,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,1366x768M@60,if=RGB666,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:eek:ff video=mxcfb2:eek:ff fbmem=28M vmalloc=400M androidboot.console=ttymxc1 androidboot.hardware=freescale mem=1024M

was perfect for me.

But now I need to upgrade to Android 5.1.1. or Android 6. If I try to the same trick, the device wan't boot any more (see attached log from serial output, using Android 6).

The new settings in the OS Settings>Udoo>General>Select Video Output, which seems to select LVDS changes the uEnv.txt file helped to activate the display - but as expected I got wrong colors.

How I can get this display running again / how I can change the color bitrate for LVDS? Do I need to create a dtb file? If yes, how I can do this?

Thanks for helping!

Attached Files: