Non- UDOO Touch Screens and Drivers for Android

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kalani1980, Apr 9, 2014.

1. kalani1980

kalani1980 New Member

I'm looking to get a third party touch LCD (10.1" @ 1024x600) and need some clarification about touch screens and their drivers. All of them come with Windows and Linux drivers, but what do I do for Android? Our system was originally Android based and we haven't been able to convert it to another OS yet.

Will a 3rd party touch screen work with an Android system?

I found this great little article but there HAS to be more to it.

http://www.chalk-elec.com/?p=1592

2. eric

eric New Member

I have the 7" capacitive one seen here. It works out of the box with single touch, but requires an Android driver for multi touch. I am working on what's required to get the driver into the Udoo version of Android. I'm hoping that the Udoo team will incorporate the changes so it works for everybody.

3. taquionbcn

taquionbcn New Member

Hi there,

Have you success using multitouch?

I'm trying to use the chalk-elek 7" multitouch lcd with UDOO QUAD board, but I've been unable to make it work.
    I've modify the firmware to 2.2 and followed the guide in the chalk web without success.

Guillermo

4. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi eric,
    to have it working in Android with multitouch you should recompile the Android Kernel. If you get it working anyway, tell everybody, the more touchscreens work out of the box, the better it is!