NYC Maker Fare this year?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mkopack, May 21, 2014.

1. mkopack

mkopack Member

You guys (UDoo) going again this year? If so, I'd like to tag up again and it might give us a chance to chat more about the future of the Udoo...

I'm *planning* to make it (but that all depends on weather and how swamped I am with work...)

It's not until this fall...

--Mike

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for the late reply Mike. Yes we're planning to be at NYC Maker Faire this fall, it has to be confirmed yet but at least 4-5 people of our team will be there. That would be great to meet you in person, we've got some great projects for the future and it could be an opportunity to discuss about them.

3. mkopack

mkopack Member

Hey delba...

Ok, yeah, I'm currently planning to attend (don't know if it'll be Sat or Sun yet... depends on what events will be on which days that I'll want to see...) Certainly will stop by the booth again to chat.

Sorry I haven't been doing much here lately - so many other things going on... Getting ready for my 3D printer to come, started up a local robotics club, and been doing some extra stuff at work, so have had limited free time. Haven't even had a chance to try out the new OS yet!

(And one of the first post-calibration prints on the 3D printer will be a case for my Udoo!)

4. delba

I guess we'll be there for the whole event so no problem about the day you'll attend. Let us know though. Ps wait for your case ;)

5. mkopack

mkopack Member

Yeah, still not sure which day I'll be attending. Trying to get a group together to do a group drive up between people from work and from my robotics club. So we'll see..

Looking forward to seeing you guys and discussing plans and such.

6. mkopack

mkopack Member

Oh, one other thing, could you guys bring along a spare internal USB + SATA cable that I could give you some $$ for? The "starter" kit has a lot of extra stuff I already have and don't need, and it's $11 shipping on a $25 kit. OUCH! Rather just slip you guys a $20 at the show and get the 2 cables I need...

7. delba

Don't worry, mikelangeloz & ekirei will attend the 2 days event, we'll let you know where the stand will be at the faire. No problem for the USB and SATA cable :)

8. mkopack

mkopack Member

K, sounds good..

BTW, I assume you were on vacation / Holiday? Hope you had a good one!

9. delba

Yep, we just got back on track :)

10. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

Yes, man we'll bring the stuff you need @ the faire. If you send me a pm with your private contacts I can let you know once there where we are and hopefully share thoughts, ideas (and a beer as well)...

11. mkopack

mkopack Member

Ok, I think I'm going to be there on Saturday. Probably arrive around noon and be there all afternoon. I'll be sure to swing by the booth and say hello!

12. delba

Great, Michelangelo and Luca will be there for sure!

13. mkopack

mkopack Member

Awesome... going to bring along the 3D printed case/bezel I made for the 7" touch screen unit to show them. Finally got it finalized and printed out last night and it came out REALLY nice!

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:430762

14. mkopack

mkopack Member

Met up with the guys at the booth. Got the pack. Thanks! Appreciate it! Wow busy there! Hopefully you guys see an uptick in sales from this.