Open Media Vault - NAS Operating system

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mikelangeloz, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Dennisf1

Dennisf1 New Member

Hi:

I have created an OpenMediaVault NAS with a UDOO-Quad and an SSD Drive and have been successful in using it with multiple PI setups.
    My main machine is a Win 7 Ultimate X64 environment which I use to convert and rip my music collection. I initially created my library on the Win7 machine and was able to copy it to the OMV NAS. I am also able to access the OMV NAS from WIN 7 but only for read only permissions, even though I have provided (at least I think I have) Read/Write/Execute permissions for the Win7 environment. I have adjusted multiple options from OMV and WIn7 but cannot copy or move files from Win7 to the Samba Share. I have unfettered read access to the share and the folders within.
    While I can accomplish many tasks in Linux I am a novice (though I have been in IT for over 4 decades).

I have browsed and tried many solutions without success.
    I have also added my smb.conf file below. The strange file share name was auto-generated by OMV. And I'm wondering if that is an issue.

So if someone could offer some solutions I would be most appreciative.

Best regards,
    Dennis

Attached Files:

2. Enrico

Enrico New Member

Thank you for the great contribution to the UDoo community.
    I'm wandering if the provided image works also on the Neo version.

Thank You,

enrico

3. Ivan M. Lerner

Ivan M. Lerner New Member

Hello, I'm also interested to know weather this would work on udoo neo. Great thing you got there.
    Thanks

4. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I haven't tried the above mentioned image, but it's highly unlikely it will work on UDOO NEO. First of all UDOO NEO doesn't have a SATA connector - in Layman's Terms, a port to connect to an external hard disk. This means that the same image that works on UDOO QUAD should be revised a bit for UDOO NEO to exploit the USB port instead of the SATA port. I also inform you that SATA is better than USB for this.
    P.S.: for the QUAD there are many projects out there to take inspiration. This is a good project: https://www.hackster.io/aristocles/...1?ref=platform&ref_id=497_recent___&offset=40

Ivan M. Lerner likes this.