Quick start

Discussion in 'SECOSBC-A62' started by Pavel Vovk, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Pavel Vovk

Pavel Vovk New Member

Hi Guys,
    I've checked a lot of pages in the web, but did not find an exact answer to my questions. May be you would be so kind and answer to it?
    1. Does A62 board coming with pre-installed OS in build-in eMMC memory? I believe not.
    2. Does video tutorials like this (CREATING A BOOTABLE MICRO SD CARD USING WINDOWS FROM IMAGE) are also suitable for A62?
    I will be very appreciate you for information.
    Thank you!

2. modjo

modjo Active Member

Hi, yes the A62 is delivred with a working image (ubuntu 11 ) in emmc. For the second question it's yes also (you can use the image give by udoo here.

Andrea Rovai and Pavel Vovk like this.
  3. Pavel Vovk

Pavel Vovk New Member

Hm... but what could be wrong in my case: the J27 jumper (eMMC/uSD boot selection) is open, display is connected by HDMI, but nothing on it?

P.S. Sorry, now it works! I connected a beamer instead of a PC display. What the difference - no idea...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  4. modjo

modjo Active Member

Do you have the debug kit with your card (serial card), you need to connect your serial debug to connector J31 and open a serial term on your host pc (speed 115200). When you start the card you will see a menu, touch a key and write in console : secoq7config.

In this way you can configure to boot from sd

Pavel Vovk and Andrea Rovai like this.
  5. Pavel Vovk

Pavel Vovk New Member

Thank you very much for support!

6. Pavel Vovk

Pavel Vovk New Member

Hi Modjo,
    Could you please to clear one moment: what key do you mean in "see a menu, touch a key and write in console"?
    And does secoq7config utility has any command set/interface?

7. modjo

modjo Active Member

Just when you start your card (jumper j27 open) , during the boot (uboot) on serial console (with your debug kit) you have 3 second to touch a key (like bios in pc). After you have a cli, enter help to see what you can do or secoq7config to configure the card.

8. Pavel Vovk

Pavel Vovk New Member

Modjo, thank you very much! Now I've got an ability to control the board with your kind support!
    But yesterday I faced with a next big problem. I have a real task to boot the A62 board from external SATA (or USB, I suppose it is not a conceptual difference). So I tried to create a bootable USB stick with newest UDOObuntu 2 FOR QUAD. I used the procedure described here with Win32DiskImager utility.
    But in spite of the USB stick was created successfully and A62 was configured to boot from USB, I couldn't boot from it - the A62 board has reported that the USB drive has non-ext2 format. At the same time, the OS image also not in ext2 format. And it makes me very confused. It looks like I had no any chances to boot from external drives. Am I correct?
    May be you oro somebody else has any success with booting from SATA or USB? If yes, could you please share your experience to me?

9. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  10. Pavel Vovk

Pavel Vovk New Member

Andrea Rovai likes this.