Replacing the atmel circuit

Discussion in 'UDOO QUAD' started by Exinferis, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Exinferis

Exinferis UDOOer

Hi,
    so while lvling my heatbed on my 3dprinter, i managed to short circuit over a LED, and thats it for my poor ATSAM3X8EA-AU circuit.

After a lot of curse words i figure it was just a matter of just swapping out the circuit. Thankfully i work in a place with access to rework equipment, so the actually desoldering and resoldering of a new component isnt a problem.

But the question is, after i have swapped the part. What do i do then? Will it just work, or do i need to load a bootloader after?

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

3. Exinferis

Exinferis UDOOer

awesome, thanks for the answer :D

Thank you, i bought 3 of the circuits just incase i manage to make a big booboo again :)

Andrea Rovai and waltervl like this.
  4. Francesco

Francesco Active Member

Hi, did it work? :)

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  5. Exinferis

Exinferis UDOOer

I finally got the circuit today, and had it replaced. But im slighty worried that something else went wrong during the short circuit. I cant seem to get a ip adress on it. And not getting a picture on the screen it worked on before. But i am able to connect to it with putty over serial.

Hmmm, im not sure how to start with this :)

any tips?

EDIT:

Ok so i think the wifi module is a goner, i managed to connect via normal cable network. And its somewhat working. But after i uploaded my sketch in arduino, i cant seem to connect like i just did. So its abit wonky atm, need more testing :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    waltervl likes this.
  6. Francesco

Francesco Active Member

The only thing that could be done is to test the voltage over some known points. For this, schematics and PCB placement planes files are your friends. Probably during the short some other component died.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016