Ship Date for public? (non-preorder/nonkickstater)

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Avadon77, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Avadon77

Avadon77 New Member

Hi guys,

Any ballpark date/timeline for when we think the udoo is going to ship to the general public. Meaning that anyone can just purchase a board and have it shipped to them in a few days? I know you said in your update that kickstarters are getting there's first March 10'th and then the pre-order people get theirs, so how much longer would it be before I (neither a kickstarter or preorderer) can just go buy one off the web site and get it in a few days? Are we talking April? June? July?

Thanks,

2. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

3. Lizardboy

Lizardboy New Member

Keep in mind shipping time. The team here has decided to use the worst possible shipping company for anyone outside of the USA in general UPS shipments to my home in Canada take about three weeks longer than other couriers and come with a suprise 40.00 customs fee added on. In most countries outside the USA they dont actualy deliver to anything but the most major cities so your package will either end up put in the mail or subbed to another carrier that does offer complete delivery like purolator or fedex. The USPS offers the best delivery with only a 6.00 fee. Its frustrating for sure when this message about the extra fees and poor service seems to be unknown to most firms. I once spent three weeks just trying to find a shipment from UPS very unhelpfull to the least.
    So if your in pretty much any other country expect your board to suffer a long deliverytime and to get a call from UPS asking for payment of a previously undisclosed customs fee they will need paid. Dont expect them to deliver it in a UPS truck either its almost always given to purolator or fedex ive also had them just put them in the mail several times.
    Be patient it will happen

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  4. Triodefreak

Triodefreak Active Member

UDOO said that shipping for kickstarters will start tomorrow. They have nog given any info on how long they will take shipping to all ks backers. They have also not given info on how they willl ship...in order of type or backer no...etc. So the end of April does not look impossible. June sounds very realistic.

5. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

We have started shipping UDOO X86 on March 23 and many users have already received the boards because we have gone for the quickest delivery option. Production, testing and shipping are going hand to hand. In 4 weeks or so we will have shipped all Kickstarter orders, and we will proceed closing the pre-orders and shipping the pre-ordered items. After we will have shipped pre-ordered items too we will put the board on sale.
    I guess it will all take a couple months or so, but I can't put my finger on it.

6. dominique

dominique Member

This is very frustrating. I initially read March, then April. Now June? I really hope it does not take that long.

7. Triodefreak

They've had an issue with a power supply. Which set them back some time. But now they are delivering without problems. Unless there is an explosion at the factory or something similar the date surely won't shift anymore.

8. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

???

9. Triodefreak

Update 36: "The problem is caused by a voltage regulator which introduces switching noise on the ground. "

This is the reason the shipping date shifted months...for backers from November to March.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  10. dominique

dominique Member

So....
    ??????

Has anyone heard anything? I have not heard anything. Zero correspondence from the company. This does not sit very well with me. I am not complaining however I would like to be updated regularly on my preorder. I have heard nothing. Originally it was said to ship March. March came and went, not a peep explaining what happened or why it happened. April is almost half way over and still... not a word.

What is going on here?

I have optimistic hopes for this product. However, I am beginning to question my decision to buy this. No one has given a definitive shipping date.

11. x1800MODMY360x

x1800MODMY360x Member

Last that I saw on KS, they are still shipping their orders, once that is done then preorders are next.

12. dominique

dominique Member

Thank you for the information. However shouldn't hat be info they should tell us?

I am all about communication with people. Lack of communication is never good.

Either way, thanks again.

13. itimpi

itimpi UDOOer

I know there have been posts stating that pre-orders will ship end-of April/early May after Kickstarter orders have completed shipping (which is meant to be by the e
    The post I mentioned are here in the forum if you go looking for them so in that sense they are publically available.

My guess is that the moment the UDOO folk are so busy getting Kickstarter (and then pre-orders) out the door that there will be minimal output from them to the rest of us.

14. Lizardboy

Lizardboy New Member

The last communication I had from them about a preorder stated they couldn't rule out June.

15. dominique

dominique Member

That really is a shame. I don't see myself waiting that long.

16. itimpi

itimpi UDOOer

I think June is now quite likely for new orders as yesterday it was announced that completion of Kickstarter deliveries has slipped by a few weeks and is now expected to complete around May 10. At that point they should be able to ship around 1000 per week so the date for new orders will depend on how many pre-orders are already placed.

17. Markus Laire

Markus Laire Active Member

Newest Kickstarter update (which UDOO decided to hide from public) also says that they have shipped only 630 orders during last 3 weeks when their target was around 3000. So I'm doubtful whether this new target of May 10 will be reached.