Working as an Arduino: cc1plus.exe: error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Aimar Dynamik, May 3, 2016.

1. Aimar Dynamik

Aimar Dynamik New Member

Hi Everyone!

I have just started working with the UDOO Neo Full and I configured the SD card and got the green light.
    Now I'm trying to get it working as an Arduino using the sample code within the IDE called "Blink". When I try to upload I get this error code so I can't set any programs inside the UDOO.:

Arduino:1.6.7 (Windows 8.1), Placa:"UDOO Neo (Cortex M4)"
    WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
    WARNING: Category '' in library Wire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
    cc1plus.exe: error: to generate dependencies you must specify either -M or -MM
    exit status 1
    Compilation Error

I have also tried to connect to the UDOO Neo Web Control Panel I cannot access the board not even from chrome or pinging it. Could it be the driver that is installed when you plug the usb? I get a driver called MTP USB device instead of the Remote NDIS compatible device. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

You are working with Arduino IDE 1.6.7 You have to use 1.6.5! See the manual.

3. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

And how do you connect to the Neo? With USB cable, Network, Wifi? You have to be sure that the Neo boots properly. What if you connect it to an hdmi monitor (tv), do you see the desktop?

4. Aimar Dynamik

Aimar Dynamik New Member

Hi Waltervl
    Thanks for your quick answer, I changed to 1.6.5 and I have another problem:
    Error : Connect Failed so I asume the drivers have not been installed properly.
    So I connect through the USB so once solved the first thing I go back to my second question.
    I have also tried to connect to the UDOO Neo Web Control Panel I cannot access the board not even from chrome or pinging it. Could it be the driver that is installed when you plug the usb? I get a driver called MTP USB device instead of the Remote NDIS compatible device. I use windows 8.1, Any ideas?

Thank you!

5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

No, I cant help you other than what the guide says:
    Troubleshooting
    • If your UDOO NEO doesn't appear as a mass storage or is not recognized by your MAC\Pc, this may be due to insufficient power output from the USB port it is attached to. Therefore, try to:
    • Change the USB port it is plugged into, to be on the safe side plug UDOO NEO to USB 3.0
    • If you're on a Laptop, disable USB Power Saving mode
    • Try to use a powered USB HUB

As a workaround: Can you connect the Neo to your network with an ethernet cable? You should be able to see the web control panel on the IP adress it gets from your router. Then you can also remotely log on with VNC viewer on your PC and use the internal Arduino IDE (Preinstalled)

Aimar Dynamik likes this.
  6. Aimar Dynamik

Aimar Dynamik New Member

Hi!
    I was able to solve everything, when I made a complete restart of the SDcard and checking everything you commented
    Thanks Waltervl!

waltervl likes this.