Android 4.3 Bugs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Halloween, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Halloween

Halloween Member

Bugs in Udoo Android 4.3 (Udoo Board Rev D, 2014/June, newest Kernal update):

- Sketch Upload bug with external Mac + Booted Udoo Android: Sketch upload (multiple times) only possible with the "original Arduino IDE bossac file" and short-circuit the J22 and then J16 for 1 second. Then I can upload a sketch again. Without it I will see the error message "No device found on tty.SLAB_USBtoUART" in Arduini IDE (Mac). Also I will see this error message forever with the patched Udoo "bossac" file for OSX (here the J22 + J16 trick is not working!). Maybe a "bossac" bug with booted Android. With booted Udoobuntu Linux (Mac Arduino IDE Sketch Upload) this issue does not exist.
    - Without installed Gapps you have no sound out (tested with Settings->Sounds->Output->OnBoard)
    - Screen Resolution is false and to small (Phone Style with Android 4.3 - Back/Home Button at the Right Side. With Android 4.2.2 the Full Resolution is working fine (Tablet Style) - Back/Home Button at the Bottom)
    - Power Off Button is not working (Android 4.3 and 4.2.2)
    - Camera Module (5MP) "Video" is only sometimes working after the first video was recorded (first video record is fine, then only black screen, after closing the Camera app and restart, then selecting "video" then its not working, you have to close/restart the app twice)
    - Settings Developer Options->External OTG port enabled (is enabled after Reboot, but not working: you have to disable and enable the checkbox again, then it's working)

- No Arduino Sketch/File Uploader vor Android
    - No Terminal App to test the command line out of the box
    - No Music to test the sound output out of the box

Hopefully you can fix the bugs :D

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Hi Halloween,

ok let's see:

- I'll check about this issue;
    - The sound is working fine here in any configuration but i'll give it another try just to be sure;
    - The screen resolution is fine using my HDMI display and 15" LVDS, the 7" shows the phone interface like the old version (4.2.2);
    - The power Off button is a know issue, we'll try to solve it asap;
    - I recorded several videos and everything worked fine;
    - I'll report this issue.

- The Arduino file uploader (IDE?) for Android is not an option right now, maybe in the future;
    - We didn't install the Terminal App just to leave the image lighter. You can easily install it though;
    - Same as above, we didn't put any multimedia files to make the image lighter;

We'll try to solve the all problems and give you a bug-free version asap, thanks for point that out.

3. Halloween

Halloween Member

No, not an IDE for Android, only a simple hex/bin file uploader under Android like "bossac" :)

My Monitor has a resolution by 1600x900, and with Android 4.2.2 all is working fine and has no Phone interface, only the very good Tablet interface. Only the new Android 4.3 has this issue.

Maybe, but I have this issue (Android 4.3 and Gapps 4.3, which Gapps you've installed with your Android 4.3 version, url/link?). Try to close the camera app after recorded the first "video", and then open the camera app again, change to "video" mode. Then I will get a black screen. I have to close the camera app again, restart, changing to "video" mode... then it's working again.

Wish: It would be nice if I can use the right mouse button as "Back" key. Left/Right/Middle Mouse Button as Touch makes no sense :)

Thanks.

4. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

K got it, i'll report that and let you know when we're going to release the next release of Android.

5. Halloween

Halloween Member

Fine, thanks :)

6. Halloween

Halloween Member

19.08.2014: Updated Buglist for newest Android 4.3

- Touch Screen 15" only 1-Finger Touch possible (no Multitouch) and "Beeeep" noisy sounds
    - Power Off Button is not working
    - Arduino Sketch Upload not possible with Android + external Mac with USB
    - With Low Resolution HDMI Monitors (example 1280x960) false Screen Resolution (only 640x480)
    - No Sound without installed Gapps (tested with Settings->Sounds->Output->OnBoard)
    - Camera Module (5MP) "Video" is only sometimes working
    - Developer Options->External OTG port enabled (is enabled after Reboot, but not working)
    - No simple Arduino Sketch/File Uploader vor Android (bossac for Android)

For a new UDOO Board in the Future + Android:

- Make it simple! Simple to upload Sketches to Arduino without Jumpers from external Mac
    - Arduino Sketch Auto Upload as Bin/hex file while booting sequence from SDCard
    - 2 Camera support
    - 2 SoundCards support
    - Bluetooth OnBoard
    - Touch screens without "Beeeep" noise sounds and with 10 Fingers Multitouch for Android