OSX: No device found on tty.SLAB_USBtoUART

Discussion in 'Arduino IDE' started by micmo, Sep 28, 2014.

1. micmo

micmo New Member

Hi everyone,

So I've had my Udoo Quad running Android for a week or two now, but have only just got round to buying some electronics for it - starting off with a trusty old LED :)

I created a simple sketch to make the LED flicker:
    Code:
    const int LED=13;
    void setup() {
      pinMode(LED, OUTPUT);
    }

void loop() {
      digitalWrite(LED, HIGH);
      delay(100);
      digitalWrite(LED, LOW);
      delay(100);
    }
    But when I tried to upload the sample sketch ... 'no device found'.

Background:
    I'm running OS X (10.9.5), have the correct serial driver installed (as per the downloads page), and Arduino IDE 1.5.7 (from arduino.cc) with the Bossac patch.

In the IDE I have the board selected as 'Arduino Due (Programming port)' and port as '/dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART'. I have removed the J18 jumper, and connected the microUSB cable to CN6.

The sample sketch compiles (verifies) fine, but when I try to upload the log window keeps saying:
    Code:
    Sketch uses 10,628 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 524,288 bytes.
    No device found on tty.SLAB_USBtoUART
    I know that the cable and ports work because with the J18 jumper connected I can see the uboot info as it boots up. I then remove the jumper and try upload but still: no device found.

Any ideas? How do I know if the Sam3X part of the Udoo is alive? Do I have a broken Udoo?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. micmo

micmo New Member

Update: Because I purchased my Udoo Quad from Rapid Online (a UK distributor: http://www.rapidonline.com/), I've sent my Udoo back for them to take a look. Hopefully they can either fix it, or just send me a replacement.

3. micmo

micmo New Member

Update 2: The Rapid Online tech guys confirmed the Udoo was faulty. Not only that, but the customer service person informed me that in the past few weeks they've had over 10 other customers return their Udoo (not sure what went wrong with theirs yet). :S I don't want to give up on the Udoo ... it has a promising future ... so long as the community and the devs stay alive and work together!

4. BaptisteB

BaptisteB New Member

It happened to me. Turned out you need to power your Udoo.