Arduino IDE port on Mavericks

Discussion in 'Arduino IDE' started by Nerkyator, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Nerkyator

Nerkyator New Member

Hi all!
    I just received my UDOO Dual and I'm very proud of it!
    The only problems is that OS X Mavericks (10.9) seems to not recognize any usb attached when I plug the cable into the iMac port.
    Let me explain:

- I downloaded latest Arduino IDE from the website (1.5.4)
    - I added the bossac patch as explained in the guide
    - I removed J18 jumper from the board
    - I connected the micro-usb on the correct port (the left one, the nearest to the PWb button) as the guide says

When I start the Arduino IDE I can see "Arduino DUE (Programming Port)" and "Arduino DUE (USB port)" in the boards list but I have no port to connect to. Usually when I connect my arduino uno to the iMac i see something like ttyUSB0 or ttyUSBModem and I can work with it, but this time nothing appears. Nothing on /var/log/system.log or dmesg, too.

What should I do?

PS: I connected it to a another computer running Linux (Ubuntu) and it seems to recognize it (ttyUSB0)

Thanks!

2. eric

eric New Member

On my mac it shows up as /dev/tty.SLAB_UBStoUART and works just fine. I'm also running Mavericks.

3. Nerkyator

Nerkyator New Member

uhm...did you installed some drivers?..I tried to connect, reconnect, change usb port...but nothing appears :\...

4. eric

eric New Member

Nope. nothing additional installed.

5. Theflorianmaas

Theflorianmaas UDOOer

6. francescomm

francescomm Member

I have Mavericks and I didn't see the tty.SLAB_USBtoUART serial port until I installed some drivers from the UDOO site somewhere, I don't remember where now but I'm pretty sure I had to install them.

Regarding the other problem, if you connect the Arduino to an external computer via USB for programming it (not just serial debug) you must remove some pin from the board, there is some tutorial on this.

Sorry I don't have all the details now..

7. mkopack

mkopack Member

Yeah, you're going to want to follow the link in the "Serial Drivers" section of the Udoo download page: http://www.udoo.org/downloads/

eric - Might I be correct in assuming you did an update to Mavericks, not a clean (empty HD) install or or migration from another older OSX install to Mavericks? That might explain why it worked for you - you probably installed the driver in the past and forgot about it before doing the Mavericks upgrade/migration.

8. BaptisteB

BaptisteB New Member

did you power your Udoo while uploading the sketch?