What do you think of the new Udoo Neo?

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Jinnoy, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Jinnoy

Jinnoy New Member

Described as a 'Wireless, Credit-Card sized, Android + Linux + Arduino™, Embedded Sensors, starting from $49', the brand new Udoo seems to be a great deal.

As a newbie, I'm wanting to build my first microcumputer, and the Pi 2 seemed to me the best choice.

But since this update of the Udoo is out, featuring a wireless modules (BT 4.0 and Wifi), some nice sensors, Arduino compatibility and smoothly running KitKat, I dont know what to choose. What do you think of it? Is it a good alternative to the RasPi????

2. Franc

Franc New Member

Hi dude !!!, well, what kind of project do you’ve in mind?, are you an experienced programmer at low level in C/C++, and do you prefer to develop your own drivers instead of using an ARDUINO platform?. I think It’s better if you could give us a little more of background before anything(to avoid a biased recommendation/point of view to give you a better recommendation/point of view).
    Regards.

3. Mike Alden

Mike Alden New Member

The NEO is a good device. The documentation is quite lacking ....... there are conflicting information.
    Which PWM pins actually work? The Device Tree allows for PWM_2 and PWM_5 but the documents show several others.
    How can the other PWM pins be used?

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer