Acquiring signal using GPIO pins on Udoo X86 on windows 10

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Majd Abduljabbar, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Majd Abduljabbar

Majd Abduljabbar New Member

Hello all. I hope you are doing fine :)

I have just started with Udoo X86, and installed Windows 10 and Matlab on it. I was hoping to acquire signal from the pins on the board (Either Braswell or the Arduino 101). As long as I can get the data into Matlab it will be awesome. However, I searched for solutions for this but unfortunately I could not find. I am not sure if it is possible or people just use Linux based OS instead of windows 10. Is there anyway I can get the acquired data into Matlab? If not, Could you suggest different approach (Assuming working on Windows 10).

Regards

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

3. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

4. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

I am leaning toward the view that MS had long abandoned the idea of using Windows for anything special such as industry control applications or anything that is niche in nature. Desktop/laptop/server will be the primary focus.
    As 10 getting more and more grip from the Redmond folks, using Win as general purpose computing for many specialties will be the thing of the past.

5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Yes, so the Arduino 101 part of the Udoo X86 could be the perfect solution for this signal reading, if supported by MATLAB.

6. Majd Abduljabbar

Thank you for the reply. Yes I read these blogs before but still they do not help in my case. Matlab has no support for Arduino 101 since Udoo is equipped with it.

7. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Did you try it? They did not test it, therefor it is not in the supported devices list. Because if it is just simple reading perhaps the functionality is compatible with the Arduino 101.

8. Majd Abduljabbar

Yes I tried it, when using Matlab, I tried to type "arduino" to see the list of arduino devices connected to the Udoo (which is in this case the arduino 101), but it returned nothing.

9. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

10. Majd Abduljabbar

Thanx a lot. I did not have the chance to try this method, so I will try it now and will update you. Thanks a lot