All my posts wait for moderation.

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by nophead, Aug 13, 2019.

1. nophead

nophead UDOOer

Is this normal? It doesn't make for good forum interaction when posts hang around for hours. It is not as though I am a new forum member, I registered years ago.

Not only that but I got a message saying I need to wait 153 second to post this! Really am I that untrusted?

Apart from being banned from the Glowforge forum for 1000 years, I generally don't have any complaints posting in forums.

2. nophead

nophead UDOOer

So now it looks like my post are not getting approved at all, they are stuck in limbo for days. Why?

3. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Ciao Nophead,
    the forum was full to the brim with spam, so we decided to have all users go through moderator approval before posting. We've created a new group, UDOOers, of trusted users that don't need moderator approval before posting. I manually add people to the group, as some spam accounts remain dormant for a long time before they hit with 1600+ spam attempts like it happened yesterday.
    You're now part of said group and can post freely.

I'm happy you initially didn't understand the reason behind the change, it means I'm doing a good job moderating.

Have fun!

4. Xeyrruken

Xeyrruken UDOOer

I was wondering the same thing, Thanks for the details :)

5. anlumo

anlumo UDOOer

Hah, hours. Some of my posts have been hanging around in limbo for nearly a week now. As will this posting (hi, moderator of the future!).

6. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Ciao Anlumo, sorry for the delay. I was attending my sister's wedding, unable to check on everything.
    You've been added to the group UDOOer, now you're free to post as you please.

Yay!

7. anlumo

anlumo UDOOer

Thank you!

8. Zgembo

Zgembo UDOOer

hi @evaloverde , since I'm a Bolt backer too, can I please get into this "honorary" UDOOer group?