Android menù bar doesn't appear on 7" LCD Display

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by frada, Feb 12, 2014.

1. frada

frada New Member

Hi all!

I own a UDOO Quad with the latest version of Android and today I have connected to it the just arrived 7" LVDS touch panel; prior to that I was using an external HDMI monitor.

Following the instructions provided here http://www.udoo.org/ProjectsAndTutorial ... lioID=1394, I configured Android to use this display; all goes well (the video output do appear on the display and also the touch interface works well) except for a small detail: after the configuration of the 7" touch panel, the "menù bar" of Android on the bottom of the screen (the one with the back, home and app recall icons) disappeared and the only way I have to go back is to use the Esc button of an external keyboard.

This happens also if I configure Android to use both HDMI and LVDS ports as video output.

If I configure the HDMI port as the unique video output option the menù bar appears correctly on the screen.

Is this a known problem? If yes, is there a solution?

Thanks in advance to anyone who will give some suggestion.

Francesco

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Hi Francesco, i'll give it a try and let you know (never experienced anything like that though).

3. frada

frada New Member

Thanks for your willingness.
    In the meantime I discovered that the menù bar seems to be located on the right edge of the display, but its keys are invisible.
    Infact, on that edge my display has a black vertical strip of about 1 cm and if I touch it Android reacts going back one page or home depending on the touched point.
    I hope this is useful in finding a solution.

4. hl68fx

hl68fx New Member

I have the same problem as frada.

5. delba

Ok i've got the same problem with my 7" and Android. The issue will be (hopefully) solved with the next release of Android (1.4)

6. frada

frada New Member

OK, thank you!

7. frada

frada New Member

Hi delba,

I have just tried the new Android v1.4 on my UDOO Quad with the 7" LCD Display: now the navigation bar appears correctly!

Thank you for this!

8. delba