Announcement forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DracoLlasa, Dec 17, 2013.

1. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

Most other companies setup like this have an announced forum category at the top of the forum list. Meant for official news and announcements like what you put on the blog and such. Users/members are not allowed to start threads, and in some cases they are allowed to post responses or a separate disussion thread is started to keep the announcement forum clean. I have no problem transfering the announcements from the blog to the new forums as needed if you guys agree to the idea..

Some people only read the foums, and subscribing to either the blog or this new forum category is another way for people to stay up to date. They subscribe to the announcement section and they get an email alert on each new post.. Bringing them to the forums.. And hopefully drawing them in to participate in conversations...

Anyways.. Thoughts?

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

That is a great idea in my opinion. It gets more visibility and accesses to the forum. I will discuss to add the Announcement Forum with my colleagues (andcmp, maurizio etc). and let you know asap.

3. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

exactly, we can use it as a 2 way street..
    As I'm sure you noticed i have tried to cross post the blog entries into the forums.. so we have a start but with the official forum in place then each new announcement is put into both the blog and the announcement forum, and the blog entries always contain a link to the forum. Something like: 'For more information or discussion see the related forum thread' or whatever, you get the idea.

Its a good step to help get more info out to more people while also doing a bit of shameless self promoting to various UDOO resources.

4. delba

5. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

Perfect, thanks
    Its showing as locked to me, but when i clicked it, it opened a new post window..
    If i have problems cross posting news/blog posts in the future i will let you know
    Unless you intentionally dont want us posting there...

6. delba

It's locked for the standard users. All the Administrators and Moderators can move and start new topics. If you guys can't do any of that please let me know ;)