Any Udoo Quad Problems?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the1cyrus, Nov 20, 2013.

1. the1cyrus

the1cyrus New Member

With the current revision D of Udoo Quad, are there any problems with the board?

2. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Such as?

There were three reported instances (that I know of) of 'early' boards (IE Kickstarter backers towards the front of the queue) with manufacturing defects (a loose DRAM chip).

I think there was also mention of another 2-3 Boards that seemed to have something unspecified wrong with them.

Most of the difficulties that I'm aware of fall into the following: Power Supplies, Operating System, SD Card, HDMI.

Issues on the Power side have been users not giving enough power (12v 2A recommended) - usually spotted by the green LED on board blinking rather than being steadily lit. The other issue categories I list are really soft issues rather than the Board itself and have been or will be resolved with updates/patches etc.

3. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

yea there have been very few actual known issues with the board other than the occasional lemon. The RAM module Lifeboat_Jim mentioned, some flaky WiFi adapters, but overall there are not any major 'known issues' with the Rev D board. it is surprisingly solid for a first full release revision.

Are you having a specific issue or just curious?

4. the1cyrus

the1cyrus New Member

Just curious. Wanted to make sure none of the major features like lvds has any problems.

5. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

nothing major at this point across the board.
    As for LVDS it also has no known issues but few people have tested it much, time will tell

6. Ingmar

Ingmar New Member

I'm one of those persons with a loose DRAM chip (it came as a loose BGA chip in the package).
    And I haven't heard a thing since I reported it on Nov 3rd, aside from a promise from Andrea to check on Nov 11th. 14 days ago!!!

7. kevin

kevin New Member

Me too :!: also heard nothing...

8. Ludio

Ludio New Member

I'm in that same boat and the RMA link doesn't work. UDOO quad won't boot any image on any SD look like some bad solder joints too + char marks on board don't look good. I was so excited to get the device jut to have my bubble burst by low grade mass production. Hasn't anyone learned that overseas manufacturing requires US personnel present to keep quality high? I digress, it just frustrating. Will report back if and when my issue is resolved.