Anyone have luck with retroarch?

Discussion in 'Application & Utilities' started by rishooty, Oct 9, 2014.

1. rishooty

rishooty New Member

Apparently I had no idea there wasn't a precompiled retroarch package for linux-arm. I've managed to successfully compile it, but every time it starts I get a segmentation fault. I've looked everywhere but there's pretty much no directions. I've even tried forcing the ARM optimizations, no dice.

I'm aware of someone's project to port retropie eventually under the ubuntu section of this forum, so surely someone else besides me wanted to use this for a high end HTPC emulation machine. I'm also aware it should work perfectly fine on android, but i'd like to be able to use my usb controllers as android only supports ps3's sixaxis outside of those made specifically for it.

So does anyone have retroarch running on their udoo, and if so how did you compile it/would it be possible to share a .deb?

[EDIT]: I've found that android does in fact support more than enough of the controllers I need http://www.pocketables.com/2012/05/guid ... droid.html. Still, i'd prefer to use debian if possible