Arduino Due Compiling Problem

Discussion in 'Arduino IDE' started by melihturan, Mar 20, 2014.

1. melihturan

melihturan New Member

hi,

i have bought udoo quad four days ago and i used arduino with internal linux os. The test and compiling time didnt satisfy my expectation because it takes about 90 seconds and it is too long. why did this occur and what should i do to solve it?

2. peter247

peter247 New Member

I had problems with errors compiling via the internal linux os , so I use a P.C to compile it now .

3. mkopack

mkopack Member

There are known issues with the compiling and the Udoo team is working on it. Hang in there guys. They'll get it resolved.

4. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

5. melihturan

melihturan New Member

i am still waiting!!!

6. oregon187

oregon187 New Member

You're not the only one waiting. Find a work around and deal with it. If you program the Sam3x from a computer via the USB port it works faster and without errors. The point of having both chips on the UDOO is so you can have the Sam3x handle GPIO and some processing and the IMX6 running a full OS and possibly communication between the two processors. Being able to program the Sam3x from onboard the UDOO would be a convenience at best, it isn't the most efficient way to program it anyway.

7. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

8. melihturan

melihturan New Member

i installed it but i can't see any difference and i think it is horrible!!(slow than ubuntu)

9. peter247

peter247 New Member

What SD card are you using ? a class 4 or a class 10

10. melihturan

melihturan New Member

i am using class 10. i didnt say O.S is not slow. i said compiling time is too much!!

11. melihturan

melihturan New Member

Any answer?

12. melihturan

melihturan New Member

13. jrullan

jrullan New Member

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if there has been anyone that have successfully tweaked the compiling process so that common resources are not recompiled again. Since on our Udoo's we have only one platform to support (DUE) we should have an IDE that avoids recompilation of common resources and only process the arduino code itself. That is the reason it takes too long and in fact is a very good optimization that could be done on the Udoo to speedup the Arduino compiling.

A link to this issue: https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/2255

There's a perfectly valid use case to use the Arduino IDE in the iMX6 instead of connecting directly to the Due's USB port. In my case it is the capability that the iMX6 gives me to remotely connect through VNC and reprogram the Due wirelessly. I prefer to do it all through a VNC session and keep all my experimentation code on the Udoo itself.

Maybe for the Udoo someone could fork the official Arduino IDE and implement this workaround.
    What do you guys/gals think?