Arduino IDE too big on 7 inch display

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by behevan, Jan 6, 2015.

1. behevan

behevan New Member

Hello,

When I open the arduino IDE on UDOO, using the 7" lvds, the top menu is not reachable. The window can not be dragged lower neither. So the IDE is not usable. I have similar problems with other applications (for example : TCP network settings; the OK-button is out of reach).
    It apprears that these applications are not OK for 7" displays, or else the standard screen resolution is not OK.

Please advise on help.
    Thank you.

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    just a question: which 7 inches screen are you using? Are you using the official 7 inches screen or another one? Is it fundamental to have your apps running on a 7 inches screen? Otherwise I would just suggest you to switch to the 15 inches screen. It seems clearly a resolution problem.

3. behevan

behevan New Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    Yes I am using the official 7 inches touchscreen.
    I can use remote login as a workaroud for this problem, at least during engineering phase. But eventually it is fundamental that all applications are displayed correctly on the 7" display.

I am prepared using another OS if that would solve the problem.
    A bigger display would also be an option, but a 10 Inches touchscreen would be about the maximum ammowed size.

Best regards,
    Herman.

4. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

behevan have you tried pressing ALT while you drag down the window? Give it a try ;)

5. behevan

behevan New Member

That did the trick. Thanks! But that is only possible with a keyboard connected.
    I intend to use the UDOO as a standalone device in touchscreen mode only. Not for the arduino IDE of course, but later for my own applications.
    I guess I will have to set the window-size of my own apps to a fixed value that fits the 7' touchscreen.
    Unless there exists another trick to drag a window when the top-bar is outside of the screen.

Best regards,
    Herman.