Bios will not load

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Stein, May 2, 2019.

1. Stein

Stein New Member

I think my udoox86 cuad just died. It keep trying to start, bit give up and restart. It never gets to the bios it restarts before. The fan starts and a second later it restarts. Is there a solution to this?

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

3. Stein

Stein New Member

Yes udoox86 ultra. I tried the hints inn there about reset with no succes. I assume the udoo is stuck in a hibernate state. (It is bougt sept 2017 and i have not ubgraded the bios). I tried disconect everything with the same result. If i have an sata disc connected then the restart happens as just after the drive gets power, it start spinning and then the udoo restarts. That is why i think the restart is when the bios should start loading.

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Check your power or try booting from a Ubuntu live USB without data disk connected. Also check other connected devices, keyboard, mouse etc.

evaloverde likes this.
  5. Stein

Stein New Member

I tried but it did not work. Then I installed on a new udoox86 with the same usb stick, keyboard and powersyply. I think there is an os installed on the internal 32Gb drive on my broken board.

6. Stein

Stein New Member

Is it possible to disable the 32Gb drive with a jumper? or flash the bios trough the jtag connector?

7. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

No, and I do not know.
    If updated you can reset the bios in various ways (like removing the RTC battery for one minute) but you are not there yet.
    Can you access the Bios by hitting the ESC button during boot? See also https://www.udoo.org/docs-x86/Hardware_Reference/UEFI_Firmware.html
    Can you try another monitor (TV?) or monitor cable to test? The BIOS/UEFI Setup is utility is a little picky in accepting monitors.

evaloverde likes this.
  8. Stein

Stein New Member

No i can not get into the bios. I think it restart before the hit ESC to enter bios. I have used it with this monitor for over a year, but i cand see if i have another to try with later.