Bolt case power button

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by ctday, Nov 21, 2019.

1. ctday

ctday UDOOer

I’m trying to install my Bolt into the Bolt case I bought in the store, but I can’t figure out where the wires from the big push button on the top plug into the board. Any help? Thanks.

2. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Ciao Ct, have you checked out this video? In case you did, was there anything you didn't understand there?

3. ctday

ctday UDOOer

No, I missed that video. It solves one of my problems, but I want to eventually install an Intel 9260 communications board. The longest antenna cables I can find are 15cm long. That’s long enough to reach the bulkhead holes, but on one side, there is effectively no space for the tiny coax; if I install it anyway, the outer insulation gets scraped off. Sounds bad for the coax. Do you have a solution? Thanks.

4. evaloverde

[​IMG] I ran the cable through the corner of the case where the board is rounded and it doesn't seem to be a problem.
    If you want you can also fix the wire to the case with some insulating tape to be sure that with any movements the wire does not get damaged.

5. fxlevy

fxlevy UDOOer

6. fxlevy

fxlevy UDOOer

Hello, i see your detailed picture. It seems the cables that are connected to the SMA connected have a much more better quality than mine i bought on amzon which are very poor and very weak. Where did you find yours?

7. evaloverde

@fxlevy we're not sure exactly, we have many cables lying around at all times, it's difficult to keep track. However, I would suggest referring to Mouser for higher quality cables.

8. Mahdi Hedhli

Mahdi Hedhli New Member

For those that end up here and don't want to watch that video again.... Black goes to Pin 8 and Red to Pin 6
    Black - 8
    Red - 6

Attached Files:

Aleksandr Kwaskoff likes this.