Bolt PCI Device and Com Port 1 and 2

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Howard Williams, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Howard Williams

Howard Williams UDOOer

Have a new Bolt V8, Windows 10, which works great, and I'm down to the last 3 items in the device manager.

The PCI Device is not installed and I can't determine where to get the drivers for this device. Here's the code from the device manager - The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
    There are no compatible drivers for this device.
    To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Second item is com port 1 and 2 are not starting, code 10 error. It's probably a I2C, GPIO, or SPI. I can't determine how to make these items start during boot or from Arduino.

I've attached the device manager image.

Any insights or help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

3. Howard Williams

Howard Williams UDOOer

Thanks for the reply. You reminded me of the remaining steps I needed to do to solve this problem. I've solved half of it, the PCI device was an incorrect Radeon driver that I had downloaded from AMD's website. New driver and half of the problems are solved.

My remaining problem is the com1 and com2. I get the code 10 error which means the device at com1 and com2 could not be started. My research indicates this too is a driver issue. Right now I can't seem to determine what driver is needed. I am thinking it is an Arduino driver issue, but the drivers provided by the Arduino software are not deemed acceptable by windows 10. For now I'm stumped on this one.

Thanks again for your help.

4. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

COM3 is USB-serial (emulated com port) which came from on board Arduino Leonardo.
    COM1 and COM2 came from Ryzen Embedded APU (the main CPU/System.)
    I checked my Win10 config and the driver is the standard Microsoft driver (latest thru Windows Update.)
    <-- mine W10 64bit shown as serenum.sys and serial.sys
    version 10.0.18362.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)