bolt won't start

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by zhangster, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Tractor

Tractor UDOOer

Done. Do Udoo staff respond to support tickets? I've raised a ticket there before on a different issue which was never answered...

2. hybotics

hybotics UDOOer

Their customer service does not exist as far as I am concerned. I have a Bolt V8 and it just ceased to boot anything. It will not even boot a USB install stick, whether it is Linux or Windows. This is my only computer and I am not happy right now. If I had known what I know now about the UDOO folks, I would have never purchased anything from them.

3. Tractor

Tractor UDOOer

Update: I've been reaching out to Udoo, and they've deemed this to be a case for RMA. I ordered through a third-party supplier, so I've begun that process there - however the supplier apparently must follow Udoo's policies and refer back to them. Hopefully Udoo can expedite this and confirm, so that the RMA can go ahead with the supplier...

4. hybotics

hybotics UDOOer

Is this in your case or do you think it covers my case as well? I am on a fixed income and can not just afford to go out and buy another $400.00+ replacement board.

8-Dale

5. Tractor

Tractor UDOOer

If you've been sold a defective unit and you're within the warranty, you have rights.

6. Tractor

Tractor UDOOer

This update refers to my own case.

7. hybotics

hybotics UDOOer

I may be out of luck then. I will have to look and see when I bought it and what the warranty period is. I have had it longer than three months.