Can't stay connected to WiFi or access Play Store

Discussion in 'Android' started by mgcman03, Feb 7, 2014.

1. mgcman03

mgcman03 New Member

I have tried multiple android images and I am unable to stay connected to WiFi. Although, I can access the internet from the browser using an Ethernet cable... I side loaded Google Play Apps and can't access the Play Store at all. Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Is there a fix? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Zach

2. mmoegerle

mmoegerle New Member

Zach,

I've had a similar experience. My problem was that I hadn't done "su -" to become root or proceeded the commands with "sudo". So when the files were written to the Android SD, they had the user id from the host system. When you write to the Android SD you need to do it as the root user. I don't know if you can recover your current Google Apps on your Android system, but if you can mount it back to the host system and try the following:

sudo rsync -avu system/* /media/sdg5
    sync;sync;sync

The "sync" commands are used to make sure all of the data is written to disk/SD. After my install it took about 20-30 secs for the 3 sync commands to complete the outstanding writes, then unmount (umount) the file system, and then start playing with Android with Google Apps in the Udoo.

Good Luck,
    Marc

3. andcmp

andcmp New Member

Did you solve the wifi issue?