CentOS 7 install

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by bigbiggreydog, Aug 27, 2019.

1. bigbiggreydog

bigbiggreydog UDOOer

I am trying to install CentOS 7 and understand what is the best way to do this. I have the CentOs image on a micro SD card and tried to install it on a USB thumb drive, but on install, it is not seeing the USB drive as a destination.

Also what is the preferred location to install for performance? Would it be better to install it from the USB drive to the micro SD drive or vice-versa?

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

3. bigbiggreydog

bigbiggreydog UDOOer

Thank you. I noticed when I would go through the installation menu, I could never select the SD card for intallation. I even had a difficult time selecting the eMMC as I had to go to custom formatting to erase and allow installation there. I will see if I can update the UEFI to see if that makes a difference.

4. bigbiggreydog

bigbiggreydog UDOOer

I was on BIOS 1.01. Getting some error messages with update which seemed to go fine [no errors with each step until the end]. Not sure what to do at this point.

Attached Files:

5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Make sure all the prerequisite software packages/libraries are installed before running the script. CENTOS is not installing the same as other Linux dostros like Ubuntu. See the update manual (pdf) for the prerequisite software packages/libraries.
    Else make a Bootable Ubuntu LIVE or Freedos USB disk and update from that. Instructions for the DOS update are also in the update manual.