Compiling Android 4.3 7" Touchscreen Touch does not work

Discussion in 'Android' started by udoid, Apr 17, 2014.

1. udoid

udoid New Member

This post follows on from my earlier one here:
    http://www.udoo.org/forum/building-android-sources-udoo-tar-file-fails-t1262.html

I've got 4.3 to build but again the 7 inch touch screen (supplied from the Udoo shop) does not respond to touch (it displays OK however). I had a similar problem when I built and earlier version of Android. I know the touch-screen is ok because if I use a pre-built image from the Udoo website it all works

Do I need to do extra steps in the build to enable the touch-screen? I checked the kernel menuconfig build and it appears that touch-screen drivers are enabled.
    who manufactures the touch-screens and what are the drivers for them?
    I setup the build environment with 'lunch udoo-eng'.

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

We'll check and re-upload the sources asap. thanks for reporting that.

3. udoid

udoid New Member

Hi delba,

I thought I'd let you know that I got my custom-built image working. I'm not sure what happened exactly as I didn't change anything. I attempted to test whether touchevents were being received by using the Toolbox command 'getevent'. Events were being received and then the touchscreen started working.

To double-check I re-flashed the SD-card with the same .img files and the touchscreen worked straight-away.

So far it's working ok apart from I cannot calibrate the touchscreen but that has been reported elsewhere on this forum. A message is displayed 'No compatible touchscreen found'. I believe I also get this under the pre-built images.