CS:GO on X86

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by jonathan antonio, May 19, 2016.

1. jonathan antonio

jonathan antonio New Member

just a quick dumb question, can i play counter strike:global offensive using the x86, if yes is it a plug and play process knowing i need to install an os for that. if no, is it possible make it work...

thanks in advance

2. ektor5

ektor5 Administrator Staff Member

Hi there,
    Unfortunately we didn't have the chance to try that one, but we tried several games of the same generation and they work flawlessly. So it shouldn't be an issue to get it work.

Just install any Steam-compatible OS (Win, OSX, Linux), run Steam and try it.

Ek5

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    Andrea Rovai likes this.
  3. jonthe838

jonthe838 New Member

The udoo should be able to play it looking at the specs but the question is with what quality?

What I plan to do with mine udoo x86 is to make it my main streaming machine. I've set up a VPN server at home where I have my gaming rig that can devour any game (soon at least, I'm waiting for my gtx 1080). And then connect via the vpn from a mates house and stream the game via steam in house streaming.
    I've already tried the tunnel and the response time is not optimal for competitive play but it works alright. I haven't tried it with cs go but works with other online games on steam with a ping around 50ms. It's perfect for casual playing / co-op games though since the response time doesn't need to be so high. Just an idea.

Edit: typos

Skickat från min D6603 via Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Andrea Rovai likes this.