Failed when building QT5 for Udoo Neo board

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by closx, May 2, 2019.

1. closx

closx UDOOer

Hello all,
    I have a problem when building QT5 for udoo board (UDOObuntu 14.04)
    Following instructions on https://www.udoo.org/tutorial/how-to-build-qt5-for-udoo/
    my configure settings are

./configure -prefix /opt/qt5 -make libs -no-pch -no-opengl -device imx6 -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=/home/closx/Qt5_build/fsl-linaro-toolchain/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi- -no-largefile -opengl es2 -qt-zlib -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -no-nis -no-cups -gui -make examples -sysroot /home/closx/Qt5_build/ubuntu-14.04.2-minimal-armhf-2015-06-09 -no-gcc-sysroot -opensource -confirm-license -qreal 0float -v

and having error

OpenGL ES 2.x disabled.
    The OpenGL ES 2.0 functionality test failed!
    You might need to modify the include and library search paths by editing
    QMAKE_INCDIR_OPENGL_ES2, QMAKE_LIBDIR_OPENGL_ES2 and QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL_ES2 in
    /home/closx/Qt5_build/qt5/qtbase/mkspecs/devices/linux-imx6-g++.

Please help me guys, I am being busy with building for 3 WEEKS :C

2. closx

closx UDOOer

UPDATE:
    for qt 5.12, with the same configurations, it gives the error,
    ERROR: Cannot compile a minimal program. The toolchain or QMakeSpec is broken.

3. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

There is an inportant note in this tutorial...
    Note: this guide doesn’t work on the official UDOObuntu OS at the moment, but only in the previous official OS versions.
    So you have to change to another Linux OS for the Neo that understands QT: Yocto. The thread is here but is is already a couple of years old.... https://www.udoo.org/forum/threads/openembedded-yocto-for-udoo-boards.2965/

closx likes this.
  4. closx

closx UDOOer

Do you know how can I built a Yocto for UDOO Neo? All links are broken. There is one ready image @modjo built. But lvds7 touch panel and gstreamer doesnt work in it. So I should build my own. But I CAN'T because almostly all of this forum is outdated.
    Thanks for your response by the way. Good to see that someone is still alive around :D