flooding on the forums

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by firehopper, Nov 13, 2013.

1. firehopper

firehopper Member

can we go back to the way it was before? make people post on the intro forum before they are allowed to post? or make them moderated for their first few posts?

2. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

I agree, with one tweak.

Go back to moderation of the first couple of posts but make it very clear in the 'Welcome to UDOO Forum forums' message (the one where you have to click on a link to confirm etc) what the policy/mechanism is. Also this e-mail should have a link to the Forums Policy post, where this can be reiterated.

That should help prevent frustration/head scratching when peoples posts don't appear.

3. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Lifeboat_Jim you're right that would make the mechanism very clear.

firehopper why do you wanna go back? We've got very few spammers now and we're able to manage them quite well.

4. firehopper

firehopper Member

yesterday there was one that spammed like 24 posts all over the place.. I reported as many as I could find..

5. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

you're right. I deleted him this morning. If this becomes a daily thing i'll re-apply the moderation mechanism.

6. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

lets just make sure its very clear to new members that they have to post to the welcome thread, even provide the link.

Before it was turned off last time, many people were very confused and even mad they couldn't create a thread. Just saying lets do our best to make it clear to them why they cant create a new thread