Got My Udoo Quad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Evil Rob, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Evil Rob

Evil Rob New Member

Hi Guys

Just thought i would say how pleased i am with the service i got from you

I ordered a Udoo Quad and starter kit on Friday and its here with me on the Wednesday via UPS.

As i run a company myself the one thing i would suggest is that you pack them in a box inside the Jiffy bag you use as the box that the Udoo itself is packed in is very thin and it was badly crushed when i received it.. Hopefully its not damaged

Love the Udoo branded HDMI lead

Let the fun begin

Thanks again

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

That's perfect, glad your UDOO has been delivered so fast. Hope you'll enjoy the board, let me know if you have some questions about it.

3. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

Hello fellow Udooers,

I too am very pleased with my new Udoo Quad! My order was placed on January 12, 2014, and shipment of Udoo Quad Rev D arrived on the west coast of USA on January 15th via United Parcel Service! That's very fast service indeed.

As a long time Raspberry Pi user, and former professional Unix consultant, and find the Udoo Quad running Linaro Ubuntu 12.04 LTS http://download.udoo.org/files/UDOO_Unico/Quad_img/Ubuntu_img/udoo_quad_ubuntu1204_v2.0.zip very stable and reasonably quick. My intent is to use Udoo for an embedded hardware project, so I've got some GPIO research to do, and look forward to it. If anyone has recommendations for GPIO software packages, I'd appreciate hearing about them.

I just purchased the recently announced camera, and can't wait to try it out.

I'll be investigating Arch Linux on Udoo in addition to Ubuntu, as that is what I run on the Raspberry Pi, and find it brisk, stable, and perhaps better suited to my application.

I look forward to contributing to the Udoo forum as things progress.

Hat's off to a very professional Udoo team. Well done!

Best regards,
    Larry Dighera

PS:
    That said, I encountered a Chromium crash during the composition of that message, with lots of entries in .xsession-errors. Expecting to lose my message, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Chromium recovered it all. I've been plugging and unplugging the keyboard and mouse, and a digital camera during this edit, so that I could attach a photograph, all without issue. Unbelievable!